As I’ve said at Crystal Clear, I want to blog full time by 2012. To reach that goal, I need a bunch of traffic on all of my blogs. Specifically, I’m aiming for 25,000 unique visitors a month at BFS by August 2011 and need to be making $30,000 a year total by 2012. I figured the best way to keep my eye on the prize is to hit monthly targets.
Between that and the fact there seems to be major interest in the subject, I started an update around the 1st of every month of my blogging stats and income generated. I’ll also do a huge 1 year update at the beginning of every January.
Here were my goals for April 2011 followed by the results:
- Alexa Ranking: 32,500 / 32,152 (Yay!)
- Visits: 9000 / 10,664 (WOOT!!!)
- Unique Visitors: 6000 / 7510 (FANTASTIC!!!)
- Pageviews: 17,500 / 18,621 (HECK YES!!!)
- RSS subscribers: 500 / 463 (I’m super happy!)
- Twitter followers: 500 / 492 (So close!)
- Traffic breakdown: 3750 from Referring Sites (3,112 I’m still happy!), 1750 from Direct Traffic (1,468 THANK YOU!), 3000 from Search Engines (5,014 WOOT!!!), 500 from Other (1070 COOL!)
- Blogging Income: $1500 / $2156.66 (SO HAPPY!!!)
Monthly Income Breakdown
- Advertising: $2006.66
- Writing (Staff Writing and Freelance Posts): $150
As I said in My Blogging Target Number, I will blog full time as soon as I can CONSISTENTLY bring in $2500 a month or more. My husband and I agreed that “consistently” means at least 4 months in a row. Last month I brought in about $3750 and this month I brought in about $2150. So I still have a ways to go, but I am super happy with the progress!
My goals for May:
- Alexa Ranking: 31,500
- Visits: 10,000
- Unique Visitors: 7000
- Pageviews: 18,000
- RSS subscribers: 525
- Twitter followers: 525
- Traffic breakdown: 3750 from Referring Sites, 1750 from Direct Traffic, 4000 from Search Engines, 500 from Other
- Blogging Income: $1750
Any questions, comments, or advice?