My husband and I were at a Curling Bonspiel (tournament) this weekend, so I do have Curling on the brain. If you don’t know what I am talking about, think of Bocci Ball combined with Shuffleboard on ice. Here are my Best of Money picks for this past week combined with David Letterman’s Top 10 Surprising Facts About Curling!
10. Every year it’s watched by dozens of people.
- Kathryn @ Financial Highway presents 30 Most Common Interview Questions and How to Answer Them posted at Financial Highway.
9. Consistently ranked the world’s No. 1 broom-related sport.
8. It’s a lot like hockey, minus the speed and excitement.
7. No #7 – writer fell asleep while researching curling facts.
6. Not to be confused with Norwegian sport “Carling” where you push a guy named Carl across the ice.
5. Longest match ever: unknown, because no one ever stays till the end.
- Joe Plemon presents Purchasing a Foreclosure or Short Sale? — Things to Consider posted at Personal Finance By The Book.
4. No #4 – writer still asleep. Damn, curling is boring.
3. Mickey Rourke making film about washed-up curling legend who comes back for one last big curl.
2. Thing they slide down the ice is called “thing they slide down the ice.”
1. No one cares.
- Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey presents What Would You Do If You Needed to Buy a Car? – Part 1 – Sell Your Current Car posted at My Personal Finance Journey
Remember to submit your posts for next week!