As some of you may already know, I created and run the Totally Money Blog Carnival. I am now officially inviting any fellow personal finance or lifestyle bloggers to host if they’d like to participate in some link love.
- You must have participated in a blog carnival before. Please note, you are not required to have hosted a carnival before, just have been included in one.
- You must consistently post on your site at least twice a week.
- Your site must be at least 3 months old (I will make exceptions if you plan on blogging long-term).
Benefits of Hosting
- Links – All included blogs are required to link back to you within 2 weeks, you will be linked to multiple times at Totally Money, and you will be linked to in my weekly roundup here at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff a couple of times as well.
- Traffic – When sites are included, the bloggers usually visit to say thanks. Then, when they link back, some of their readers visit too.
- A host must have the time to consider all posts submitted by Sunday at 6pm CST.
- The carnival must be posted on the scheduled Monday.
- The host must email all selected participants when the Carnival is live and include the link.
- The host must include a link to Totally Money in the carnival.
- The host must include an “Editor’s Choice” section of 3-5 posts (worded as you see fit).
- Have fun with it – fun themes get way more visits than straight-up link lists.
In short, it takes a MINIMUM of 2-3 hours to put a carnival together, so please be prepared. I do send out a detailed email with instructions one week before you host, so you will not be hanging in the wind by yourself. As always, please contact me with any questions.
If you are interested, please take a look at this schedule and email me your preferred hosting date at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com. Thanks!!!