I am typing this up at 1am Sunday morning. I don’t leave for the Financial Blogger Conference 2013 (FinCon13) until Tuesday morning, but I am already too pumped to sleep! That is pretty bad. I keep thinking of the last two, and the fact that I am actually helping with this one via helping with the Bootcamp and announcing a few Plutus Awards. Here were the recaps of the last two conferences:
Anyway, since it is on my mind, I figured I could at least share my packing list. Oh, and keep in mind, this is all coming with me on the plane in one rolling carry-on and a laptop case.
Conference Specific Items
- Business Cards!!! I usually end up handing out and receiving business cards from 50-100 people minimum! I take about 250 with me.
- BFS Tote Bag – I actually had a tote made with the BFS logo on it for the first FinCon and use it exclusively every year to carry around everything.
- BFS Necklace – Yep, I am that geeky. I have a resin necklace with my logo, hahaha.
- Cough drops – I talk so much that these are just preventative, they’re necessary.
- Printed Versions of my eBooks (10 each) – I am selling “How I Make Money Blogging” ($15) and “Managing Your Monthly Nut” ($10) in print at the conference. If I sell out miraculously, I’ll keep taking orders and get the books shipped out over November.
Regular Trip Stuff – Clothes
Please keep in mind that most of my clothes (other than jeans and my sweatshirt) are made of thin, light materials that are wrinkle-resistant. That helps with packing tremendously.
- Jacket – I live in Houston where it is 80-90 degrees right now. FinCon13 is in St. Louis and the forecast says it will be 42-66 degrees this week. That’s frickin’ freezing for me. I’ll have to wear this on the plane rides.
- Fuzzy socks – see above.
- Sweat shirt/sweater – Just one that I can put on over my blouses and under my leather jacket if I am completely freezing regularly.
- Tennis shoes – 1 pair for daytime wear and to keep my feet warm.
- Regular socks – 5-6 pairs.
- Nice shoes – 1 pair. I learned from last year that I need tennis shoes (not sandals) and a nice set of black shoes that are comfortable and will go with my classier outfits. That’s it.
- Underwear (duh)
- Bras (double duh)
- Jeans – 2-3 pairs to use during the days.
- Slacks – 1-2 pairs for days or nights when I want to look dressier without going all out.
- Blouses/shirts – 5-6 to go with jeans during the day or slacks/skirts at night.
- Dresses/Skirts – 2-3 for the nice events like the Plutus Awards and evenings out with other bloggers.
Regular Trip Stuff – Electronics
All of this will fit in my laptop case for sure.
- Laptop Charger
- Plug-in Mouse
- Cell Phone
- Cell Phone Charger
- Cell Phone Backup Batteries
- AAA Batteries for Mouse
- iPod if it worked anymore – My iPod Nano from 2009 seems to be dead. It won’t hold a charge at all anymore.
Regular Trip Stuff – Extras
- PLANE TICKET
- DRIVER’S LICENSE
- HOTEL INFO
- Credit cards
- Insurance card
- Travel wallet for everything above.
- CHAPSTICK – I live with 70-95% humidity as the norm. The rest of the world is too dang dry for me.
- Glasses and contacts
- Contact solution
- Hair stuff (comb and the hair cream I use to try to tame issues)
- Medicines for stomach problems or allergies.
- I’ll use the hotel’s shampoo and soap (yay for short hair!)
- Nice but inexpensive jewelry set for my dressy outfits.
- Book for the plane (will be in my laptop case).
Whew! I think that is about it. I am hoping this all fits into my bag like usual and that I still have room for some swag that we get at conferences. It worked out the last two years. We’ll see. Worst case, I have to check my bag in on the way back for $25 and carry my tote instead of repacking it with everything else.
Did I forget anything? What are you packing for conferences?