A whole third of the year is gone!!! What the hell, right?! So of course it’s time to check in on my 2015 New Year’s resolutions…
New Year’s Resolutions 2015 Update
Since we still haven’t made hard and fast plans for our long-term future yet, our goals covered a lot of “if’s”:
1. I want to max out both Roth IRA’s for 2015. That’s $11,000 overall.
We stole $5500 from our emergency fund in March to max out our contribution to one of our IRA’s, and we used our $13,500 tax refund in April to pay back our emergency fund and to fully fund our other Roth IRA. DONE!
2. Our 2007 Prius rolled past 130,000 miles in 2014. In case our car dies sooner than 2017 as planned for, and the interest rates can’t be locked in at less than 1% again, we want our car fund at $15,000 or more by the end of 2015. It was at $10,400 at the end of 2014.
Our car fund is now at $11,400. Still have $3,600 to go…
3. Our rental home was built in 2004, so one or all of the big systems will break soon. We got the rental savings account to $4100 at the end of 2014, so I’m shooting for $10,000 by the end of 2015. That should cover a new air conditioner, water heater, and oven all at the same time if necessary.
This is up to $5440 right now. That means we have $4560 to go. So far, that’s on track…
4. Build up extra cash to at least $15,000 by the end of the year. We ended 2014 around $8800.
Thanks to a good month in March with pet sitting and the rest of the $2500 from the tax refund, I was surprised to add our extra cash together just now and see $15,321 pop up on the calculator! Woot! DONE!
5. I’m going to exercise for at least 30 minutes 100 times in 2015. That comes to about 8-9 times a month. I know this sounds like it should be easy, but I figured I should start by simply staying accountable in some way. The dog walking during pet sitting may help.
I’ve exercised for at least 30 minutes 8 times in January, 14 in February, 16 times in March, and only 8 in April since hubby took over nearly all of my dog walking so my crap back can heal. That’s 46 down and 54 to go!
Overall, I am the most surprised about our investment cash already hitting $15k+ without me noticing until now. That’s a happy surprise. My back getting bad enough that I’ve stopped really exercising much at all is frickin’ annoying. But I’ll be swimming on our cruise and hopefully will heal fully soon. Two resolutions are done and the other three are doing pretty well. I’m happy with our progress so far.
How are your resolutions or goals coming along?