Thanks to cutting cable, I have no DVR, so I see commercials now when streaming shows from my laptop to my tv. My roommate and I saw one a couple of weeks ago showing a mom making quick pot pies using a jumbo biscuit. Well, we messed around with some recipes and ideas and I’ve settled on the one below.
Crystal’s Biscuit Pot Pie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of thawed frozen vegetables or canned vegetables like corn and peas – $1.76
- Can of condensed cream of chicken soup – $0.75
- Can of 8 Jumbo Flaky Biscuits, I used Aldi’s brand – $1.49
- TOTAL = $4.00 for 8 Biscuit Pot Pies (4 people)
- 1 cup of diced, cooked chicken – $1.50
- Spices like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder – $negligible
- Shredded cheese – $1.00
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray 8 cups of a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Mix the condensed soup with the vegetables, optional spices, and optional chicken. I used the garlic powder, onion powder, and a little pepper since the condensed soup added enough salt for us.
4. Flatten out the biscuits so that they will fit into the muffin tin and fold up a little.
5. Place flattened biscuit dough into the 8 muffin spots.
6. Fill each spot with the vegetable filling and fold over any extra dough.
7. Bake for 21-22 minutes.
8. Sprinkle on the optional shredded cheese when there are 10 minutes left to the cook time.