I’m doing these roundups and updates to push myself to read other blogs and to stay connected. Hope you can find some new-to-you awesome people too!
Weekly Personal Note from Crystal
Thanks to an official recall notice and a personal note from Mitch at Getting My Money’s Worth, I finally went in to see what all of this airbag recall stuff was about. Well, apparently Takata airbags can maim or kill you spontaneously, so they kept my Honda Fit and put me in a rental car for the next 1-3 months while they wait for the new parts. UGH. I miss my car for its storage and pep and worry about it in the dealer’s lot. Oh well, at least I won’t have a faulty airbag blow up in my face. 🙂
Also, I live in the suburbs to the north of Houston, TX. We were on a cruise when this area flooded very badly in mid-April 2016. Yesterday, I was right here. It’s scary to see how much water accumulates in no time at all. And getting around for the Memorial Day Weekend pet sitting has NOT been fun. People are crazy and they are crazier when there’s flooding. Some have even driven around the cops that were there to block off a road just to immediately get flooded out in the deep water! Stupid and puts everyone at risk because those same cops then save the silly people. Thank you, police. Stop it to all the silly people!
In blog-related personal news, I’m in week 2 of my Pinterest project. I hired some Pinterest help and am making a huge push to deliver more helpful content for all of you. First part of the push has been to flesh out good content of the past to make it even better content for now. Have you liked it? I fleshed out and republished this cool series – How to Start a Blog, How to Grow a Blog, and How to Make Money Blogging. Then I had fun with the brand new post, 10 Free Tips to Keep Your Relationship Spicy. Those were all from my brain. That was fun. 🙂
My Weekly Favorite Posts
- Extrapolate This! with Having “The Talk” With Your Parents I wish my grandparents had taken any of our advice in the last 10 years instead of just seeing what happens as the shit hits the fan…
- Frugal Confessions with What are You, Ancient Egyptian? Definitely not frugal enough to be accused of trying to take it with me, lol.
- From Pennies to Pounds with Who Should Be In Charge of Your Household Finances? If you are working well together on the same goals, it doesn’t matter. Otherwise, I think it works best if the least spendy person is in charge or you have separate accounts.
Blogger Spotlight of the Week
- Money Beagle with The Question of Loyalty Ehhh…I seem to be very loyal while I’m a happy customer. Tick me off, and I sprint to the competitors. My crappy Chevy Aveo experience means that I will never buy a Chevy again. I’m still a fan of Honda and Toyota even though we get so many recall notices for the Prius and now for the Honda too. But at least they back up their brand and protect consumers after the first wave gets hit…
- Sign up for my newsletter and enter the monthly giveaways for $25 and a free copy of of my eBooks. 🙂
- If you ever experience any problems using BFS (reading or commenting), please email me at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com to let me know.
- You may have noticed that I have been fully self-employed since July 2011. My income comes from blogging, rental income, and pet sitting. If you’d like to start your own site, I highly suggest checking out Bluehost right here (special lower price here on BFS and 24/7 support). I have 7 sites with Bluehost myself. Or if blogging isn’t your schtick, check out any of my other money making posts!
Top 3 Referring Sites to BFS This Past Week:
Thank you! Feel free to email me anytime at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thank you. I appreciate each and every one of you!!! Have a great week!!!