Get ready to have a new everyday food backup idea! Kay made this very yummy soup while I was visiting her and her kids in Salt Lake City. And when she gave me the recipe, I was so excited! Cheap and easy – my favorite combo when it comes to cooking!
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
- 10 oz of fresh or frozen broccoli – $1
- 1/2 cup of water – $N/A
- 2 cans of Cream of Potato soup – $2
- 2 cups milk – $1
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese – $2
- Total = $6 to feed about 4 people
1. Bring broccoli and water to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not drain the water.
2. Stir in the canned soup and milk. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add shredded cheese slowly and stir until it melts.
4. ENJOY! Seriously, it is that easy. You can dip in French bread or use a bread bowl – that choice is the hardest part!