Get ready to have a new everyday food backup idea! Kay made this very yummy soup while I was visiting her and her kids in Salt Lake City. And when she gave me the recipe, I was so excited! Cheap and easy – my favorite combo when it comes to cooking! 🙂
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
- 10 oz of fresh or frozen broccoli – $1
- 1/2 cup of water – $N/A
- 2 cans of Cream of Potato soup – $2
- 2 cups milk – $1
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese – $2
- Total = $6 to feed about 4 people
1. Bring broccoli and water to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not drain the water.
2. Stir in the canned soup and milk. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add shredded cheese slowly and stir until it melts.
4. ENJOY! Seriously, it is that easy. You can dip in French bread or use a bread bowl – that choice is the hardest part!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!