Get ready to have a new everyday food backup idea! Kay made this very yummy soup while I was visiting her and her kids in Salt Lake City. And when she gave me the recipe, I was so excited! Cheap and easy – my favorite combo when it comes to cooking! 🙂
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
- 10 oz of fresh or frozen broccoli – $1
- 1/2 cup of water – $N/A
- 2 cans of Cream of Potato soup – $2
- 2 cups milk – $1
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese – $2
- Total = $6 to feed about 4 people
1. Bring broccoli and water to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not drain the water.
2. Stir in the canned soup and milk. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add shredded cheese slowly and stir until it melts.
4. ENJOY! Seriously, it is that easy. You can dip in French bread or use a bread bowl – that choice is the hardest part!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 a year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $80,000-$100,000 through blogging, a rental home, and professional pet sitting. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you). I even have all of my favorite tools on a resource page - I hope they help you too. This all gives me the time to be with my aging family members, the flexibility to stay close with my friends and family, and it should help if we finally get pregnant too! Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!