If you are just tuning in, I’ve decided to tackle my New Year resolutions head on this year. The first step will be to stay on top of the ones that are year round. With that in mind, I’m going to report my exercise activity weekly to hopefully motivate myself to move my booty.
Here’s what I’ve been shooting for – I will work out (walk, jog, run, play an active sport, etc.) 30 minutes or more at least 3 times every week. My diet is important, but constantly focusing on food is a bit stressful and has me thinking about food all of the time. But beyond that, I also would like to tone my upper arms and my stomach at least a little bit. So I will try to maintain a balanced diet, and concentrate on activity instead. To boil down my weekly goals:
- Walk or do the equivalent at least 3 times a week.
- Start or end that work out with 10 pushups and 10 situps. Move that up as they become easier.
- Concentrate on portion control but go back on Weight Watchers if I start gaining any extra pounds. This means I will be weighing in weekly as well.
- If I’m following my own rules, I should be able to lose 15 pounds by September 1, 2013 (weigh in at 150 or less).
Week 1 Update
- I walked for at least 30 minutes on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
- I participated in our bowling league Thursday.
- I did 20 pushups on Wednesday.
- I did 20 situps on Wednesday.
- My portion control was a bit off, but I ate lots of vegetables along with my normal bad stuff…
Summary So Far
- December 31, 2012 – 165.2 pounds.
- January 13, 2012 – 165.4 pounds.
- Total Difference – 0.2 pounds up
Exercise Sessions Completed
- January 2013 – 3
Next Week’s Goals
- Actually hit 30 situps and pushups this coming week.
- Walk at least 4 times.
- Monitor my weight. If it goes up at all again, I’ll be getting back to Weight Watchers.
If you have anything you’d like to tackle this year, please join on in!