If you are just tuning in, I’ve decided to tackle my New Year resolutions head on this year. The first step will be to stay on top of the ones that are year round. With that in mind, I’m going to report my exercise activity weekly to hopefully motivate myself to move my booty.
Here’s what I’ve been shooting for – I will work out (walk, jog, run, play an active sport, etc.) 30 minutes or more at least 3 times every week. My diet is important, but constantly focusing on food is stressful and has me thinking about food all of the time. But beyond that, I also would like to tone my upper arms and my stomach at least a little bit. So I will try to maintain a balanced diet, and concentrate on activity instead. To boil down my weekly goals:
- Walk or do the equivalent at least 3 times a week.
- Start or end that work out with 10 pushups and 10 situps. Move that up as they become easier.
- Concentrate on portion control but go back on Weight Watchers if I start gaining any extra pounds. This means I will be weighing in weekly as well.
- If I’m following my own rules, I should be able to lose 15 pounds by September 1, 2013 (weigh in at 150 or less).
Week 2 Update
- I walked for 30 minutes on Wednesday.
- I participated in our bowling league Thursday.
- I did 0 pushups.
- I did 0 situps.
- My portion control was a bit off, but I continued to eat lots of vegetables along with my normal stuff…
Specifically with food, we started keeping track of our food budget with a sheet on the refrigerator again, so we’ve been eating mainly at home and lunch is leftovers. So even though homemade nachos and leftover potluck dishes are not the best meals ever, it has been better than fast food.
As for the lack of exercise, this past week was a little crazy and I have not been feeling 100%. I’m not worried about failing at all…just have to get back in the walking spirit.
Summary So Far
- December 31, 2012 – 165.2 pounds.
- January 13, 2013 – 165.4 pounds.
- January 20, 2013 – 164.4 pounds
- Total Difference – 0.8 pounds down
I really was not expecting to lose a pound this week but it was a super happy surprise!
Exercise Sessions Completed
- January 2013 – 4
Next Week’s Goals
- Actually hit 30 situps and pushups this coming week.
- Walk at least 3 times.
- Monitor my weight. If it goes above 165, I’ll be getting back to Weight Watchers.
If you have anything you’d like to tackle this year, please join on in!