If you are just tuning in, I’ve decided to tackle my New Year resolutions head on this year. The first step will be to stay on top of the ones that are year round. With that in mind, I’m going to report my exercise activity weekly to hopefully motivate myself to move my booty.
I was shooting for a lot at once:
- Walk or do the equivalent at least 3 times a week.
- Start or end that work out with 10 pushups and 10 situps. Move that up as they become easier.
- Concentrate on portion control but go back on Weight Watchers if I start gaining any extra pounds. This means I will be weighing in weekly as well.
- If I’m following my own rules, I should be able to lose 15 pounds by September 1, 2013 (weigh in at 150 or less).
But given that life has gotten really, really busy and I completely suck at prioritizing multiple things at once, I am now simply shooting for two things:
- Exercise at least 3 times a week…more importantly, exercise at least 144 times overall in 2013.
- Weigh 150 pounds by September 1, 2013
Week 4 Update
- I walked for 30 minutes on Tuesday and Saturday.
Week 5 Update
- I walked 30 minutes or more every single day, Sunday through Saturday. My biggest days were a 4 mile walk on Wednesday and a 1.5 mile round trip walk to Kroger on Saturday. Yay!!!
Specifically with food, I’ve been a little better at portion control, but lemon cake, cheeses, and wine/liquor have been my weaknesses. I will be going back on Weight Watchers most likely since I seem to suck at willpower without money on the line, BUT not yet. As of right this second, I only care about exercising regularly and I want to concentrate on that one big thing right now.
Summary So Far
- December 31, 2012 – 165.2 pounds.
- January 13, 2013 – 165.4 pounds.
- January 20, 2013 – 164.4 pounds
- January 27, 2013 – 164.8 pounds
- February 10, 2013 – 166.6 pounds
- Total Difference – 1.4 pounds up
I honestly don’t know if the weight gain is a real issue. I feel healthier. We’ll see how this next week goes.
Exercise Sessions Completed
- January 2013 – 7
- February 2013 so far – 7
Next Week’s Goals
- Walk at least 3 times.
- Monitor my weight and see if it motivates me to really tackle my diet.
If you have anything you’d like to tackle this year, please join on in!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!