I’m deciding to tackle my New Year resolutions head on this year. The first step will be to stay on top of the ones that are year round since I sort of let that go by the wayside last year. Oops. With that in mind, I’m going to report my exercise activity weekly. My resolution was to have worked out the equivalent of 30 minutes at least 144 times in 2013.
Okay, so I know making plans usually ends up being a bit laughable with me and exercise, but I better get to it while I feel motivated. Here’s what I’m thinking – I will work out (walk, jog, run, play an active sport, etc.) 30 minutes or more at least 3 times every week. But beyond that, I also would like to tone my upper arms and my stomach at least a little bit. My diet is important, but constantly focusing on food is a bit stressful and has me thinking about food all of the time. So I will try to maintain a balanced diet, and concentrate on activity instead. To boil down my weekly goals:
- Walk or do the equivalent at least 3 times a week
- Start or end that work out with 10 pushups and 10 situps. Move that up as they become easier.
- Concentrate on portion control but go back on Weight Watchers if I start gaining any extra pounds. This means I will be weighing in weekly as well.
- If I’m following my own rules, I should be able to lose 15 pounds by September 1, 2013 (weigh in at 150 or less).
Here is where I am starting from:
- Have not exercised this first week of January, but started yesterday.
- Also started the situps and pushups yesterday.
- I’ve eaten more than I should have this past week, but I am watching my portions so far.
- I weighed in last at 165.2 pounds.
If you have anything you’d like to tackle this year, please join on in!