I saw this 99 Questions post at This is How I Roll in mid-October. I’ve been putting this post since then because I wanted time to answer everything in the best way possible. But in the true spirit of Crystal, I decided to hell with it and here you go. 😉
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Our closet in attached to our master bathroom, so those doors don’t matter. But we sleep with the door to the bathroom closed.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
I used to and then got tired of them leaking out under my sink over the next 3-4 years…
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Tucked out on my side, but tucked in on hubby’s side. Crystal needs to be free! 😉
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Nope, sounds like manual labor to me…
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
YES, I am the queen of Post-Its!!!
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
That’s a hard one, but I will go with bees since I’m not allergic. I think my chance of staying alive and un-mutilated is higher.
8. Do you have freckles?
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
Yes. It’s actually become an inside joke to my friends…point a camera at Crystal and she’ll smile even if she is currently bitching at you…
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Littering. I actually got out of my car once in heavy, unmoving traffic to pick up a cigarette butt and hand it back to the a$$hole in front of me that tossed it out. I said that he had an ash tray for a reason, and it’s unlikely that the trash pickup people can really track down every freaking buttheads cigarettes. PLUS, we were in a drought and I asked him if he wanted to help start yet another freaking fire that burned down people’s homes. I just stared at him while he stayed super quiet and put the cigarette in the ash tray. I was lucky that he just didn’t shoot me, but I was already road ragey, so I wasn’t really thinking straight. I’m not proud of that moment, but I don’t worry about it much either.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Nope, I’m short. That would be a lot of very quick counting…
12. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Yep – I grew up in woods. I considered it marking my territory like my uncles.
13. What about pooped in the woods?
Yep – same thing.
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Of course! It’s called “dance breaks” and it makes dreary afternoons more fun.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
No, but I used to suck on the lids of pens until I realized how majorly gross that was…getting spit everywhere…ick.
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
One, my husband. In both meanings of the phrase. 😉
17. What size is your bed?
18. What is your Song of the week?
Whatever Doesn’t Kill Me Makes Me Stronger
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Sure, I don’t care what anybody wears as long as my husband isn’t trying to wear pajamas out of the house…
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Not really. I like some animated movies like Despicable Me 2 and stuff like that.
21. Whats your least favorite movie?
I’ve never seen it but hate it anyway – The Human Centipede. One of my friends described a part of it to gross me out and it still pops up in my mind when I don’t want it to. YUCK. I also hate torture movies in general, so double yuck.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
It’s a secret.
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Water or lemonade if we’re out and they have really good fresh lemonade.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
25. What is your favorite food?
Oh, that is too hard. I’ll go with fresh bread but honestly, I have a different food craving every few hours…
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
Star Wars 4-6, What Lies Beneath, Paranormal Activity, RED (Retired Extremely Dangerous), The Inside Man, and The Princess Bride
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
They’d never ask, but if they did, it would depend on how much they would pay.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I wrote out and mailed a few Christmas cards.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
Yes, but I wouldn’t do it. $25 or less to have it done is just a better value to me.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Once, but I took defensive driving so it isn’t on my record.
33. Ever ran out of gas?
No, but I’ve been in the car twice when other people have run out of gas. I can push or steer when put in that position, lol.
34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
Turkey leftovers with mayo (actual mayonnaise…I can’t stand Miracle Whip). Or real roast beef with horseradish mustard.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
I really enjoy an Egg McMuffin. But some days, I have driven a while to get my favorite donuts or kolaches. At home, bacon with eggs and toast for the win.
36. What is your usual bedtime?
Recently, it’s become 3-4am and I wake up between 11am-noon.
37. Are you lazy?
Yes and no. I really want to be lazy sometimes, and allow myself to be on some random weekends, but I generally just go and go as long as I have stuff on my to-do list since it’s in my head.
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
The Queen of Hearts, a zombie, and a creepy witch/cult person thing (I just played around with makeup and temp tattoos).
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
40. How many languages can you speak?
One and a half. I lived in Argentina for 2.5 years and learned Castellano (a Spanish blend with a bit of Italian that is classic to Argentina), but I still can’t speak above a 3rd grade level. I can understand it pretty well still though.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
I didn’t order any, but I seem to get The Entrepreneur for free.
42. Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
43. Are you stubborn?
44. Who is better…Leno or Letterman?
I don’t watch either show. I like Jon Stewart though…
45. Ever watch soap operas?
46. Are you afraid of heights?
I’m only afraid of the going splat part.
47. Do you sing in the car?
Yes. Usually loud and off key.
48. Do you sing in the shower?
Yep if I have a song stuck in my head.
49. Do you dance in the car?
Rarely, but then I look a little spastic.
50. Ever used a gun?
Yes. I’ve used hunting rifles and handguns on targets (I’m too lazy to clean game).
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
On our cruise in September 2013.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Some of them, but that isn’t always bad. I like musicals on a case-by-case basis. Everyone should see the 1970’s “1776”.
53. Is Christmas stressful?
Yes, but usually in a great way. Lots of friends and family and food and gift exchanging.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
Yes, but I’m not really a dumplings person.
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
I’m a cake girl. I do like my husband’s apple pie though.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
An OBGYN or an advertising god of hilarious billboards and commercials.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
I want to.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Rarely, but yes.
59. Take a vitamin daily?
I’m supposed to but have been working on the same huge bottle for years…
60. Wear slippers?
No. When my feet are cold, I wear crazy-colored fuzzy socks.
61. Wear a bath robe?
Once in a while or over my clothes to keep warm during the 8 weeks of cold weather here.
62. What do you wear to bed?
Underwear. I really wanted to say “Channel #5” like Marilyn Monroe, but I don’t like 99% of perfumes and am allergic to a lot of them too.
63. First concert?
The Beach Boys when I was a kid with my parents. Alanis Morissette in college.
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
I prefer Target but shop at Wal-Mart more simply because it’s so much closer to me.
65. Nike or Adidas?
Adidas out of those two. Honestly, I like New Balance the most.
66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Peanuts if they’re honey roasted.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
Yes but I don’t know if I know more than their name.
69. Ever take dance lessons?
No. I took tennis lessons as a teenager, but no dance.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
I can picture my husband being a librarian again if we ever leave our business. If he dies before me or something happens, I don’t plan to remarry (I could date travelers though, lol).
71. Can you curl your tongue?
Yes. I can even pull it back to turn it into a 3 leaf clover. I’m actually proud of that trick but don’t know why…
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
No, but I was never in a spelling bee either that I can remember.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Yes. I cried/sobbed in a good way through most of our vows at our wedding. I think my husband was the only person who could actually hear me.
74. Own any record albums?
75. Own a record player?
76. Regularly burn incense?
Heck no. I’m asthmatic and try not to screw with my air supply at all. I use Poo-Pourri in the bathroom and that’s about it.
77. Ever been in love?
Yes. Still am.
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
More Transiberian Orchestra shows. Those are the only concerts I enjoy (short people can’t see anything when everyone stands up dammit).
79. What was the last concert you saw?
Transiberian Orchestra with Beethoven’s Last Night.
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Cold with light sugar usually. Hot if I have a sore throat.
81. Tea or coffee?
Tea. I still can’t stand the taste of coffee – my bitter receptacles aren’t dead yet.
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles?
Sugar out of those two. Chocolate chip in general.
83. Can you swim well?
I can swim, but I’m not a fish.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
85. Are you patient?
86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
87. Ever won a contest?
Yes. The one that sticks out was the white belt karate tournament when I was 15 years old.
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
No, but I’m not against the idea if I just can’t stand the extra saggy skin as I get older.
89. Which are better black or green olives?
Black in cooking, green in eating right out of the jar.
90. Can you knit or crochet?
91. Best room for a fireplace?
I intentionally had my home built without a fireplace. We live in Houston…why deal with the maintenance when you live here?
92. Do you want to get married?
I am married.
93. If married, how long have you been married?
Eight years as of May 2013.
94. Who was your HS crush?
Hmmm…I had a few but Stephen was the biggest one. Followed by Brandon Fraser as George of the Jungle.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
I generally do my crying fits AFTER I don’t get my own way and know that I won’t be.
96. Do you have kids?
97. Do you want kids?
Leaning towards yes in a couple of years.
98. Whats your favorite color?
Blue/green – like the color of Caribbean water.
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!