Welcome to the Festival of Frugality #253, which is going to have frugal and funny Halloween costume ideas* thrown in throughout! I hope you enjoy it and come back to visit BFS!
I have actually done this three times using my husband’s gear. Wear black slacks with a white and black striped shirt. Also put on some big sunglasses and carry a white dowel stick as a tapping stick. You are now a blind ref.
- Squirrelers presents Squirreling Gone Wild #17: The Magic Gumball Machine and Free Cookies posted at Squirrelers.
- Mike Collins presents How to Find Cheaper Auto Insurance posted at Saving Money Today.
- Kris @ Everyday Tips presents Tips For Buying A Used Car – Written By Someone Who Just Bought One! posted at Everyday Tips and Thoughts.
- Joe Plemon presents Five Steps to Give You Power Over Purchase posted at Personal Finance By The Book.
- Tom @ Canadian Finance Blog presents Exploring a Financial Fast posted at Canadian Finance Blog.
“Get a bag of moss from the craft store’s floral isle. Glue it all over some old clothes and a hat and go as a chia pet.”
- MR presents Frugal Tricks, Making Broken Things Work | Money Reasons posted at Money Reasons.
- Barb Friedberg presents ARE YOUR VALUES MONEY-MAKERS OR MONEY-LOSERS? posted at Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance.
- FMF presents How to Graduate from College in Three Years posted at Free Money Finance.
- Aloysa presents Family Lessons in Frugality posted at The Kitchen Sink.
- FreeFromBroke presents More 0 Percent APR Credit Card Offers Expected posted at Free From Broke.
“Wear a raggedy old pair of shorts and t-shirt, and go unshaven if your a man. Mess your hair up. Get a garden tiki torch from the party supply store. Go as a recent loser from Survivor.”
- Daniel presents Quality Is Always What You Think posted at Sweating The Big Stuff.
- Mrs. Money presents Do you Buy Boy Scout Popcorn or Girl Scout Cookies? | Ultimate Money Blog- Save Money and Live Green! posted at The Ultimate Money Blog.
- FIRE Finance presents 10 Smart iPhone Apps that will Save you Money posted at FIRE Finance.
- Craig presents How To Spend Less On Children’s Halloween Contumes posted at Parenting Family Money.
- Donna Freedman presents What do your kids need to know about money? posted at Surviving and Thriving.
“Dress in a business suit and carry around a big jar filled half way up with thumb tacks. Go as the ‘tacks collector.’”
- Neal Frankle presents Private Career Colleges ? Calculate the Value posted at Wealth Pilgrim.
- Craig Ford presents How to Save Money on Holiday Travel posted at Money Help For Christians.
- Suba presents Amazon or eBay or Craigslist : which is better to sell stuff? posted at Wealth Informatics» Wealth Informatics – Financial freedom through information.
- N.W. Journey presents Spending and Saving Tips for College Students posted at Networth Journey.
- Adam presents Master This and You Master Money posted at Magical Penny.
“Dress up as you normally do. If someone asks what you are, tell them you’re a werewolf. If they ask why you have no hair or fangs, explain that it’s not a full moon.”
- Christian Treitler presents Spend money on relationships! posted at Money Obedience.
- Paul Williams presents Raising a Cow for Beef: Month 14 posted at Provident Planning.
- BWL presents Offermatic Review: Earning More Rewards posted at Christian Personal Finance.
- PT presents Free Airline Miles: The Beginner’s Guide posted at PT Money.
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents How To Find Coupon Codes Online posted at The Digerati Life.
“Get a large box. Cut a hole for your head and arms. Wrap it with gift wrapping paper and put a big bow on your head. Make a large gift tag out of construction paper that says, “To: Women, From: God.” This year, you can honestly say you’re God’s gift to women.”
- Ken presents Buying a Home: Should You Hire an Agent? posted at Spruce Up Your Finances.
- Kevin McKee presents Kevin McKee Loses a Bet posted at Thousandaire.
- Roshawn Watson presents Will Mortgage Rates Really Drop to 0%? posted at Watson Inc.
- Jason presents Tips to Host a Party on a Budget posted at One Money Design.
- B.B. presents Even a Little Movement is Better Than None posted at Beating Broke.
“Dress like a mailman. Get a stuffed dog and sew it’s mouth to your pant leg.”
- Kim McGrigg presents To buy or not to buy: Electronic reading devices – Money Management posted at Blogging for Change.
- Jeff Rose, CFP presents Reasons to Avoid Payday Loans posted at Jeff Rose.
- Scott presents Amazon?s Mechanical Turk Disassembled: Day 1 posted at GTD Retail.
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Pigheaded Limerick posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Tim Chen presents Hilton Honors: What You Need to Know About HHonors Rewards posted at NerdWallet Blog – Credit Card Watch.
Wrap yourself in aluminum foil with a pointy foil hat on top and a white tie or strip of cloth around your neck. You’d be a Hershey’s Kiss.
- Jeri Ford presents Rapid Rewards Credit Card by Chase | Get a Free Southwest Airlines Flight posted at Help Me Travel Cheap.
- Briana Ford presents How to Look Wealthy Without Spending a Fortune posted at Go Banking Rates.
- Miranda presents Looking for Free Samples? Here’s Where to Start posted at Coupon Shoebox.
- Chris Butterworth presents September 2010 Budget Report – 50% savings rate posted at Dealerity.
- James Fowlkes presents How to Lower Your Phone, TV, and Internet Bills posted at SimpleVesting.
“Throw a white sheet over your head, and cut a hole for your head to come through. Wear a yellow hat and paint your face yellow with make up. Go as a fried egg.”
- Lauren presents College Degrees and Varying Degrees of Worthlessness posted at Richly Reasonable – Money, Saving, Living, Playing.
- Money Thinker presents Some More Holiday Shopping Blues: Saving Stress posted at Money Thinker.
- And last but totally not least: Khaleef @ KNS Financial presents CVS Shopping for the Week of 10.10.10 – Saved $43, Spent $1, Made $5 posted at Faithful With A Few.
*The quoted Halloween costume ideas came from eSSORTMENT. The other two came from me.