Hi everybody! I’m leaving for The Financial Blogger Conference on Tuesday and won’t be back until Sunday night! Help!
If you have a blog, a personal blog that isn’t spammy or all commercial, please send over a personal story for a guest post! Here are the very general guidelines that may help:
1) Be a Blogger or a Reader – If you are a fellow blogger or a regular reader, please continue reading the remaining points, thanks! If you are a guest posting on behalf of a business site (any site whose main purpose is to sell a product or service), email me since we’ll need to discuss a different set of requirements.
2) Any financial or fun topic – This is a very eclectic site. The more personal, the more responses you will get though.
3) Original content – All guest posts need to be written by you and not previously published at any other site. Once it posts at BFS, please wait at least 3 months before publishing it on your own site, thanks! Neither one of us wants to get dinged for duplicate content issues, right?
4) Edited – I do not mind doing minor edits but if a post has too many problems, I do not have the time to do it, sorry.
5) Minimal links – I will gladly link to your site in the intro (in fact, include your own 2-3 sentence intro with your link please!), but please keep other links to a minimum in the actual post unless they are truly useful to the readers. I don’t mind useful links, but I am not your personal link warehouse.
6) Participate – I will tell you exactly when your post is scheduled to go up, so please check in to answer reader questions and comments at least once at the end of that day. It’s more fun for everyone that way, right?
I appreciate everyone’s participation! Please email all guests posts or ideas to budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail *dot* com. Thanks!!!