My biggest complaints in the last couple of weeks have been that I am not sleeping enough and my back aches. Pet sitting has a little break right now and I’m catching up on sleep, which is helping my back. Hear that? I didn’t get enough sleep and my back aches.
Now, at the same time:
– A friend is dealing with a lifetime illness and a current issue that made her bedridden for weeks.
– Another is dealing with a stalky ex who was abusive.
– Another is dealing with an immature and vindictive ex and an aggressive child.
– Another is dealing with a cheating spouse.
– Another is getting official with receiving back child support.
– Another is in the middle of law problems thanks to a confused father-in-law and his evil family.
– Another has been having debilitating headaches for years.
– Another has been having different medical issues that slows him down on and off.
– Another is medically depressed and probably has been for about a decade.
– Another has medical problems that doctors can’t diagnose and post-partum depression.
– Another is now finishing the raising of her 18 year old cousin even though she’s just 26 and her fiancé who’s helping with the schedule is 23. And they are better parents than the 18 year old ever had before. Go figure.
That list is what I could remember in less than 5 minutes. There are more and these are close friends! Obviously, these life issues are bigger than mine. Yet, I think it’s okay to complain about my sleepiness and back. I’m self-centered. BUT, that’s okay.
Thank You, Friends
We’re all self-centered. And, this is odd but awesome, my friends don’t seem to mind my whining. I’m here for them, and they are here for me. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?! Friends kick butt.
That said, I’m not so full of myself that I think my achy back matters as much as the list above. In fact, I’ve had these people in my head. Their problems are on my mind. I want to help and I don’t know how. The ideas that I have at first are all no-go’s. I really want to beat the living crap out of the abusive ex. I want to slap the back of the heads of the cheating spouse, the deadbeat dad, and the greedy family. And I wish I had magical powers to fix all of the medical issues. See below for my newest idea!!!
So, to all of my friends, I hope you will be okay. I hope you know that I’m here for you. I hope you know that I wish I had magical powers and could make things better for you. Thank you for being my friends.
UPDATE 4/9/14 at 10:45am – I do know how I can help! BFS is going to host a fundraiser once a month for a different charity each time. I will come up with a fun way that we can all participate and I’ll match the contribution up to a certain dollar amount each time with my own fun money. I’ll brainstorm on how to work out the details on this, but know that fundraising drives are coming and they will be fun in some way – not just money begging! Maybe I’ll auction off my guest posting services or something…any ideas are welcome!!!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 a year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $80,000-$100,000 through blogging, a rental home, and professional pet sitting. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you). I even have all of my favorite tools on a resource page – I hope they help you too.
This all gives me the time to be with my aging family members, the flexibility to stay close with my friends and family, and it should help if we finally get pregnant too! Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!