We did it! We got me impregnated with our very own alien baby! Here’s a pic so you understand my description…
Yeppers, I’m a bit more than 11 weeks pregnant today! Feels like 4th time’s the charm.
I’ve been wanting to share every puke-ridden step of the way, and especially during the scary days where it seemed I wasn’t having symptoms at all, but we didn’t want to deal with the drama we had the first time we announced early. We decided to wait to go public until we had photo proof of life.
This little Peanut is definitely in there. He or she was moving around like a sea monkey on crack during the whole ultrasound.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just to get the big stuff out of the way, let’s see if I can cover the most frequently asked questions right here.
1. I’m due in mid-June 2018. Anything between June 2-29 would be considered full term.
2. We don’t know if it’s a boy or girl yet, but when they can tell us, we’ll want to know. I’m pretty sure that won’t be until at least January.
3. We don’t have any preference when it comes to its sex. Like zero. We never did, even with the first pregnancy. And after the ectopic scare, we were just happy this one wasn’t in my tubes and going to kill me. Yay for low bars of success set by life.
If it’s a boy, I’ll be less scared for it in today’s society. It feels like women’s rights are being hacked off chunk by chunk and it’s frightening. But if it is a girl, we’ll already have access to lots of baby clothes and I’m sort of getting a preview of girl-related baby-raising via my best friend’s baby who is 5 months old. We’ll be ecstatic with any baby that comes out of me!
In general, our plan is about the same for raising a kid no matter what sex it is. It’ll be enrolled in self-defense classes early in life, we will try to teach it everything we know and more, and our main family goal is to raise it NOT to be an asshole. Girl or boy, through its bratty stages and its cute stages, we’re just aiming to hopefully raise a good person with a strong personality. That is a great combo for any sex.
4. Money-wise, we’re doing well with Crystal’s Cozy Care Pet Sitting. Our amazing pet sitter, Tiana, is handling most jobs while we are used as filler. Seems to consistently bring in $2500-$3500 a month. The online link sales business has been slow for years but we’re going to keep at it since it does bring in $1500-$2000 a month and that is definitely needed. Our rental home is chugging along.
Altogether, our bills are covered and we just have to be a little more careful with the extras now we have baby stuff to budget in. My general plans for growth are to reach out to current clients and see if we can hunt up some more regulars via social media and word-of-mouth. Then I’ll need to start looking for a second pet sitter to help cover anything over what Tiana wants to take on.
5. Yep, I’ve learned that “morning sickness” is a damn lie. For me, it’s some mornings, randomly throughout days, and most nights. I’m actually one of the lucky ones that are “just” nauseous most of those times and puke a few times a week. Though last night and this morning happened…so it’s a day by day thing.
Feels like being car sick for the majority of my life. And figuring out which foods are my “happy” foods day-to-day has become an interesting game. It rotates between cheese, all proteins, pickles, carbs, fruit, and then everything else. Powerade, Ginger Ale, and saltine crackers help me out when the nausea is extremely bad. But nothing so far has made the nausea go away consistently (even tried ginger beer and prego drops and nope…). I’m finishing this post up faster than I wanted to because typing is making me dizzy. Yay…
Anyway, go crazy in the comments. Ask whatever you want! My plan is to start posting again at least a couple of times a week if my hormones and general sickness allow it!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!