More than half the year has gone by, so I think it’s time to check-in on my New Year’s Resolutions for 2011:
1. Lose 20 pounds by the end of the year – I am aiming to weigh 150 pounds by December 31st.
I am down 30 pounds so far thanks to Weight Watchers Online and am weighing in at 146! I am now aiming for 140 by December 31st.
2. Volunteer for a charity at least twice a month – I seemed to have replaced charity time with blogging in 2010, oops.
I have not started this yet but am still aiming to hit this goal. My plan is to deliver lunches for Meals on Wheels at least once a week when I quit my day job, which looks to be around September.
3. Build up the emergency fund to at least $15,000 – right now it is at about $8200.
It is at $12,050 right now, so we are on target. We are trying to contribute at least $500 or more every month.
4. Max-out 2 Roth IRA’s for 2011.
We have maxed out one already and are on target to max out the second one if we continue to automatically contribute $300 a month.
5. Pay off at least $8,000 of our mortgage principal – that means it needs to be at $60,000 or less by the end of the year.
We refinanced our loan this year, which has helped us pay off principal even faster. We are down to $64,600, so this goal should be obtainable!
6. Make AT LEAST $15,000 through blogging – my true target is $25,000.
I have hit the $15,000 mark and am closing in on the $25,000 mark by the end of August if I have a couple of really good months. So far, I have brought in about $18,000 from January to June 2011.
How are your New Year’s Resolutions treating you?
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!