Welcome to the Best of Money Carnival – 10 Funny Gift Ideas. In honor of all of the online shopping I did over the weekend, I am including 10 gag gift ideas for the holidays I found on eZine Articles. Enjoy!
1. Have Some Dough. What you will need to do is find out the person’s favorite type of cookie. Make the dough and store a majority of it in a Tupperware container you can give them after you give them their gag gift! In a card place a dab of the dough, and write in the card “Here’s some dough for your Birthday!” Once the joke is over, give them the fresh dough so you can kick back and make some cookies together.
2. For the friend of yours that has a fear of bugs you can give them the Bug Killer Kit. In this kit get some plastic roaches and two blocks. Have one block be an A block and the second block be a B block. Include a handwritten note that says, “Sophisticated bug killer, smash bug with block A and follow up with Block B”.
3. Redneck earrings are another great idea for funny gifts. With these you will have to find the perfect scent of air freshener shaped like a pinecone. Put a fish hook and nicely wrap them. When they open their gift have a note that reads “Bubba’s Quality Earrings. Look Great and Smell Better.”
4. For the single gal in your life you can give her the perfect man! This is a fun one that you can make in your own kitchen! Make several gingerbread men cookies and decorate them with various candies and make them look real sharp. Attach a note to the cookies that reads, “The perfect man. Quiet and sweet and guaranteed to never give you any trouble.”
- Mr. Money presents Looking for a Job? Don’t Forget the Tax Deductions! posted at Smart on Money.
5. For the those with a short fuse give them “Happy Pills” for a present. Make sure you get a clean empty jar. Produce your own happy pills brand by wrapping it in paper. Inside the jar fill it with M&M’s or the person’s favorite candies. Every time they feel the short fuse coming they can then make use of their happy pill.
- Paula presents Dare to Be Boring! How the Simple Stuff Leads to Riches posted at Afford Anything.
6. Cowboy Bubble bath is another great homemade solution to the person you need to get laughing. If you have a friend who is big in the cowboy culture they will laugh at this one. Get a package of dry beans and pour them into a bag. On the bag make a label that reads “Cowboy Bubble Bath”. Tell them that’s the way they did it in the old days to save water. You could eat your meal while you took a hot bath.
- Justin presents Invest in Your Job: Learn How to Recover from Losing Your Cool at Work posted at Money Is the Root.
7. For the business professional they need something they can take to the office. Be sure they have the latest Redneck Briefcase to help them make it through the day. This is the perfect gift for your co workers. Grab a pair of men’s briefs (brand new) and sew the legs shut. Attach a holder to the side of the briefs so they can be carried. As one of the funny gifts it needs accessories as well. Place a nail in it for a toothpick, an old key to be used for earwax removal, newspaper strips for toilet paper, matches for a belly button cleaner and stick pens inside the fly. For good measure have them dig the items out, with fake poop at the bottom of the pile.
8. Dustpan cookies are another great idea for funny gifts. Place cookies you baked into a clean dustpan and break them in half. Attach a note that reads. “The cookies I prepared fell onto the ground. Didn’t have anything else to give you….hope the crumbs are good enough.”
9. Certificates also make great funny gifts. Think about the person you are making the certificate for and reward them on something they are embarrassed about. Let is say something like “Biggest Procrastinator” or “Biggest Slacker Award”. They are in fun and jest and can give people a great laugh.
10. Finally the last idea for funny gifts is the “Cool the Spender” gag gift. For the person who blows money quickly, give them a twenty dollar bill frozen in ice. Have it in a cup that you pull from the freezer and let them wait for the ice to melt before they can spend it.
- Glen Craig presents Don’t Get Too Hung Up on the Value Investing vs. Growth Investing Debate posted at Free From Broke .
Remember to submit your post for next week, which will be hosted by Retire by 40.