I love shopping online. In fact, for anything other than our perishable groceries, I am much more likely to look online before even thinking about visiting a store. Amazon and Ebay seem to be my favorites, but I’ve been known to go off on a different path if I can find a great deal (remember my gnomes?). Here are the best tricks I’ve picked up so far…
My Best Online Shopping Tricks
- Figure out your target price based on what others have paid or what you are willing to pay. I search around online for product reviews and then find reviews that mention specific prices.
- Search multiple sites to find the best deal available.
- Google for coupon codes.
I usually can do all of the above in less than 30 minutes. So unless the deal I’m getting is 60% or more off of what I expected or the coupon code will be expiring super soon, I try to bench the whole process for at least a few days while I think it over. I also ask myself a few questions:
- Do I really want this or just liked the thrill of getting a good deal?
- Have I wanted this for more than a week?
- Do I need this right now or soon?
- Will this make me happy more than something else we are saving for?
If I can answer those questions to myself properly, then I pull the trigger. Otherwise, whatever it is that I wanted is put onto my Amazon wish list for me to check on year round, lol. If at any point I lose interest, I delete it and am happy I didn’t waste the cash.
Rather Be Shopping Giveaway
In the spirit of finding great deals, let me introduce you to the chance of winning free money!
Rather-Be-Shopping is kindly hosting a SINGLE WINNER $500 Giveaway from today, February 7th, 2013 until February 28th, 2013! Take a look below and feel free to jump on in! I personally am rooting for one of my readers to win, so “vote early and vote often” or something like that, lol.