I don’t know how it flew by, but 2012 is almost over! It was really sneaky in my opinion. Anyway, I figure now is as good time as any to take a look at the goals we had for 2012 and make some new ones for next year.
New Year’s Resolutions for 2012
1) Take at least 2 solid vacations with Mr. BFS with as little work as possible. – CHECK
Our plan was to go to Las Vegas again this summer or take a cruise, but we bought a house, lol. That said, we did go to a 3 day curling tournament in Dallas early this year and attended Board Game Geek about a month ago. Yay!
2) Take at least one solid trip with our inner circle of friends. – CHECK
A few of our close friends wanted to take a trip together. I agreed it would be a blast. We just had to make it happen.
In March, we all went to a friend’s family home in the country and had an awesome 3 day weekend. Four of the nine of us went back last weekend. 🙂
3) Visit blogging buddies at least 3 times in 2012. – FAIL
I visited Suba in L.A. again early this year and had a blast. I will cheat and call FINCON12 a visit too. But I wasn’t able to fit in a third blogger trip.
4) Stay healthy – Exercise 150 times. – FAIL
I wanted to stay healthy for as long as possible. With that in mind, I was aiming to exercise at least 3 times every week and get down to 135-140 pounds. Well, I am around 166 and working towards 165, so oops. But I am starting to get off my butt more. I’m looking forward to a strong 2013!
New Year’s Resolutions 2013
Since Mr. BFS and I are getting used to the new house and the associated costs, we are keeping our goals for 2013 really simple.
- Pay off the rent house by December 31, 2013. It has about $23,500 to go.
- Max out both Roth IRA’s for 2012 by April 2013.
- Max out both Roth IRA’s for 2013 by December 31, 2013.
- Budget appropriately for at least 3 vacations – a one week summer vacation, the Financial Blogger Conference again, and the Board Game Geek Board Gaming Conference again.
- Continue staying active. My specific goal here is to get off my butt at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes all year long. Since I don’t want to be able to fail by just having a bad week, I have decided that this means that I need to exercise a minimum of 12 times per month to stay on track (144 times or more over all of 2013).
Overall, I know that our New Year’s Resolutions didn’t work out exactly as I planned for this year, but I think we have a fantastic shot for all of our goals next year. I honestly don’t think I’ll get sidetracked again and have another house built or anything like that (hehehe). My plan is to attempt to repeat 2011…lots of energy, a great attitude, and staying on top of my income streams like a hawk. 😉 Fingers crossed!
How did you do with your goals for 2012? Any new ones for 2013?
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 a year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $80,000-$100,000 through blogging, a rental home, and professional pet sitting. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you). I even have all of my favorite tools on a resource page – I hope they help you too.
This all gives me the time to be with my aging family members, the flexibility to stay close with my friends and family, and it should help if we finally get pregnant too! Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!