I don’t know how it flew by, but 2012 is almost over! It was really sneaky in my opinion. Anyway, I figure now is as good time as any to take a look at the goals we had for 2012 and make some new ones for next year.
New Year’s Resolutions for 2012
1) Take at least 2 solid vacations with Mr. BFS with as little work as possible. – CHECK
Our plan was to go to Las Vegas again this summer or take a cruise, but we bought a house, lol. That said, we did go to a 3 day curling tournament in Dallas early this year and attended Board Game Geek about a month ago. Yay!
2) Take at least one solid trip with our inner circle of friends. – CHECK
A few of our close friends wanted to take a trip together. I agreed it would be a blast. We just had to make it happen.
In March, we all went to a friend’s family home in the country and had an awesome 3 day weekend. Four of the nine of us went back last weekend.
3) Visit blogging buddies at least 3 times in 2012. – FAIL
I visited Suba in L.A. again early this year and had a blast. I will cheat and call FINCON12 a visit too. But I wasn’t able to fit in a third blogger trip.
4) Stay healthy – Exercise 150 times. – FAIL
I wanted to stay healthy for as long as possible. With that in mind, I was aiming to exercise at least 3 times every week and get down to 135-140 pounds. Well, I am around 166 and working towards 165, so oops. But I am starting to get off my butt more. I’m looking forward to a strong 2013!
New Year’s Resolutions 2013
Since Mr. BFS and I are getting used to the new house and the associated costs, we are keeping our goals for 2013 really simple.
- Pay off the rent house by December 31, 2013. It has about $23,500 to go.
- Max out both Roth IRA’s for 2012 by April 2013.
- Max out both Roth IRA’s for 2013 by December 31, 2013.
- Budget appropriately for at least 3 vacations – a one week summer vacation, the Financial Blogger Conference again, and the Board Game Geek Board Gaming Conference again.
- Continue staying active. My specific goal here is to get off my butt at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes all year long. Since I don’t want to be able to fail by just having a bad week, I have decided that this means that I need to exercise a minimum of 12 times per month to stay on track (144 times or more over all of 2013).
Overall, I know that our New Year’s Resolutions didn’t work out exactly as I planned for this year, but I think we have a fantastic shot for all of our goals next year. I honestly don’t think I’ll get sidetracked again and have another house built or anything like that (hehehe). My plan is to attempt to repeat 2011…lots of energy, a great attitude, and staying on top of my income streams like a hawk. ;-) Fingers crossed!
How did you do with your goals for 2012? Any new ones for 2013?