UPDATE 12/1/14: THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER, KATITA,
AND THE CHARITY SHE CHOSE, BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS!!!
KATITA ($125) AND BBBS ($200) HAVE BEEN PAID, THANKS!!!
It’s ALMOST Over!!! Enter to Win by November 27th!!!
It’s time to WIN a little and GIVE a little at the same time!!!
Welcome to The Great Thanksgiving Charity Giveaway!!!
Kevin, formerly of Invest It Wisely and now a great application developer for apps like the Easy Voice Recorder at Digipom, came to me with an idea for a November charity drive and giveaway. I jumped on and was honored to co-host it here!
Here’s how it’s working:
- The 10 bloggers below started things off with $25 per blog being added into a big pot. Then a few other bloggers chipped in and joined in. That is what led to the $125 prize for one big winner, plus the charity pot of $200!!!
- Sponsorship ended November 20, 2014.
- This whole giveaway will run from November 5th, 2014 at 7am EST to November 27th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
- A single grand-prize winner will be chosen randomly and will take home the first $125!
- That grand-prize winner will also get to choose one of the following charities to receive the other $200 – Big Brothers Big Sisters, the SPCA, Tabitha, Red Cross, or World Wild Life!!!
Summary and Giveaway
As stated, we started at $125 for the winner and $125 for charity, which is now at $200.
FOR YOU, THE ONE WHO WANTS TO WIN, COME BACK DAILY to Tweet and Enter Again!!! AND make sure to see if we added any other entry methods if you visited before November 20th, 2014 the first time. 🙂
Thank you to the other 8 bloggers that got this started along with Kevin (Digipom) and myself:
- Monica on Money
- Sustainable Personal Finance
- The Debt Myth
- The Frugal Toad
- Step Away from the Mall
- The Mom of the Year
- Cupcake Makeover
- Money Beagle
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!