My Favorite Posts this Week
- First Gen American with Verbal Abuse, Brainwashing and Personal Finance This is a truly moving post that does point out that our pasts form our futures one way or another.
- Grumpy Rumblings of the Untenured with Secret Confessions of Pseudonymous Bloggers I loved being able to confess there!
- Invest it Wisely with Consumer Ethics and Animals: Where Do You Draw the Line? Where is your line?
- Money Reasons with Raising Money Kids, Helping The Next Generation Great list of things to teach kids now so they have a solid shot for their future.
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts with Should a Family of Four Be Able to Live Off $111,000 Per Year? Uh, yes, in my opinion, they should.
- Financially Digital with Alban’s guest post, Back to School How to Avoid a Financial Crisis Good ideas to save a little money on back-to-school shopping.
- Len Penzo with 10 Key Characteristics of Debt-Free People (of Modest Means) I think these qualities do lead to debt freedom and other achievements.
- Monevator with David Hamilton’s guest post 101 ways to save money This is a heck of a tip list!
- Funny about Money with The Summer of Murphy’s Law It’s been a really rough summer for poor Funny…
Carnivals that Included BFS
- Cool to be Frugal hosted the Yakezie Carnival on August 29th and posted Being Judged Cheap and Wasteful At the SAME TIME
- Aspiring Millionaire hosted the Yakezie Carnival on September 3rd and posted 7 reasons we decided to use the emergency fund to pay off debt
Thanks for putting tons of work into these carnivals! I know how long these things take!
Blogs that Featured a BFS Guest Post
- Frugal Zeitgeist posted Cost of Living in Texas - My breakdown of the living costs in Houston, TX.
Thanks so much for having me over for the day!
Fellow bloggers, if you would like a guest post from BFS, please shoot me an email. I usually have a couple of weeks of posts ready in advance so I could probably help out.
Guest Posts on BFS
- Alexis Bonari posted Developing a Frugal Food Habit: 4 Tips For Lowering Your Grocery Bill
Thanks for the day off! I appreciate all of my guest posters for giving BFS readers quality content and allowing me to have a little breather from my 7 day a week schedule.
If you would like to guest post on BFS as a fellow blogger, please send me an email with your idea or post and I’d love to have you over for the day! If you are a business, please email me for more details. Thanks!
- Sweating the Big Stuff is hosting a big 1 year Blogiversary Giveaway you should totally jump in on! It ends September 12th.
- Frugal Confessions posted $5 Left at the End of the Month: A New Campaign I’ve joined the challenge to spend $5 on a random act of kindness every month – pop on over if you’re interested!
- I’ve also joined the 31 Days to a Better Bank Balance that Money Crush is hosting! Toss your hat into the ring as well if you have a budget buster you’d like to get rid of!
- Funny about Money has started a new site, The Half-Off Diet. Check it out and feel free to join the challenge with me!
- I am a staff writer at Sweating the Big Stuff. You can see my posts every Wednesday – this week’s was 5 Criteria for My Future Car.
Feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too. I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!