My Favorite Posts this Week
- Squirrelers with Frugal Baseball Player – Version 2.0 I thought this guy had a great idea!
- First Gen American with Pros and Cons of Fixer Uppers Spot on list…Mr. BFS and I avoided fixer uppers while house hunting simply because all of those projects would stress me out. Her kitchen looks great though!
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts with 10 Tips For Buying A New Home Great suggestions!
- Saving Money Today with Building Multiple Streams of Income I think this is the straw that broke the camel’s back – I will be starting at least one other blog/website. I’ll let you all know when it’s up and running and what it will cover. 🙂
- Get Rich Slowly with What Are Your Favorite Finance Books? I like his list of picks. My favorite finance book is The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach.
- Car Negotiation Coach with Your father was wrong: How NOT to negotiate car price Researching the price you are willing to pay is way better than negotiating on dealer-specific terms any day.
- Moneyed Up with Are Hobbies Worth the Money? I agree with Ramsay, hobbies are totally worth it!
- Frugal Zeitgeist with How to Reduce Household Spending Cutting back on food would save us a ton…
- Best Colleges Online with 10 Things Grads Should Know About Retirement Planning A pretty good list of steps to take to start saving for retirement.
- Money Reasons with Things To Do In The Fall I am sooo looking forward to the coming season!
Carnivals that Included BFS
- Jaime at Eventual Millionaire hosted the Carnival of Money Stories and posted Food and the Nostalgia Factor
- Jeff at Sustainable Life Blog hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance and posted 6 Extremely Frugal Methods of Saving Money
- Personal Dividends hosted the Carnival of Wealth and posted Improving Your Personal Financial Health
Thanks for putting tons of work into these carnivals! I know how long these things take!
Guest Posts on BFS
- Barb from BarbaraFriedbergPersonalFinance contributed I’ve Got the Time – How do I Get the Money?
Thanks for the day off! I appreciate all of my guest posters for giving BFS readers quality content and allowing me to have a little breather from my 7 day a week schedule.
If you would like to guest post on BFS as a fellow blogger, please send me an email with your idea or post and I’d love to have you over for the day! If you are a business, please email me for more details. Thanks!
- Sweating the Big Stuff is hosting a big 1 year Blogiversary Giveaway you should totally jump in on! It ends September 12th.
- I am also a staff writer at Sweating the Big Stuff. You can see my posts every Wednesday – this week’s was What Would You Tell Your 20-Year Old Self.
Feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too. I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!