My Favorite Posts this Week
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts with Opportunity Cost – Trading Financial Gain for Security We’re paying off our car with $8500 rather than investing it, so this post hit close to home.
- Get Rich Slowly with Casting Stones: When Is It Okay to Judge? Okay, I’m a judger apparently since I wanted to hit his friend upside the head with a copy of “Automatic Millionaire”.
- MoneyCrush with Straying from the Path of Intention to Impulse I do this all the time.
- Frugal Dad with 10 Father’s Day Gift Ideas Under $50 I like the “Men at Work” Gift Set idea and the idea of buying tickets to an event with him.
- Squirrelers wth Is Your Nest Egg Large Enough? Calculate the Required Rate of Return Yet another interesting method to check your progress on the way to retirement.
- Money Reasons with A Perfect Frugal Drive, Maximizing Your Driving Return! This was fun to think about…I always try to do as much as possible in one big trip since I hate driving.
- Fiscal Geek with What Would You Do With a Cash Windfall? Emergency fund here…
- Monevator with Will a High Salary Make You Happy? I think it helps but your social network of friends and family has a bigger effect.
- Rainy-Day Saver with Personal Finance Quirks My husband always ends at 50 cents or an even dollar amount when he fills up his car.
Blog Carnivals that Included BFS
Thanks! I appreciate all the time you spent on this process. It’s a great feeling to be chosen!
Carnival hosts, if BFS is in a blog carnival that you are running, please email me the link so it can be added to this weekly list. Thanks!
Guest Posts on BFS
- John submitted Top Tips for Reducing Your Credit Card Debt
Thanks for the great post and for giving me a day off!
If you would like to submit a guest post to BFS, please shoot me an idea or the actual post. I’d also appreciate a one or two sentence introduction for the piece. I’ll get back to you quickly and will give you as much advance notice as possible on its posting date.
- Mike at Saving Money Today is giving away a FREE copy of the book, Enjoy Your Money! All you need to do is leave a comment on the post linked to above!
- Brad at Enemy of Debt is hosting a fund-raiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. He’s selling the “I’m Debt Free” game and giving 100% of his commission until August 7th to Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too. I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as I am!