My Favorite Posts this Week
- Jeff at Deliver Away Debt threw together the ultimate link list, The Mega Money Tip List – 600 Money Saving Tips. It’s amazing just in terms of time involved and the tips are pretty great too!
- Saving Money Today with How to Save Money on Groceries Great tips and be sure to get the tips from the commenters as well.
- Money Crush with Why a Thousand Dollar Emergency Fund? It’s all about perspective, huh?
- Sweating the Big Stuff with 4 Worst Ways to Impress Your Boss The comments are fun too.
- Ultimate Money Blog with What Can You Compost? A List of Compostables Dang interesting and I was thinking about starting a compost pile…
- Free Money Finance with Financial Steps I Need to Take Not only is his list a nice reminder, butif you follow through to the main article…wowser…
- Get Rich Slowly with Extreme Personal Finance: Eating Well on One Dollar a Day This just blows my mind…I won’t do it, but it does prove a point that eating cheaper is possible.
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts with Exercise: Do You Really Have to Spend Much Money to Stay in Shape? Great reminder and good ideas.
- Money Reasons with Red Box Review This is a good reminder about current rental options.
- Live Real, Now with Party Planning on a Super Tight Budget I want to go to one of his parties!
Guest Posts on BFS
None this week, but if you would like to submit a guest post to BFS, please shoot me an idea or the actual post. I’d also appreciate a one or two sentence introduction for the piece. I’ll get back to you quickly and will give you as much advance notice as possible on its posting date.
- PF Firewall is hosting a book giveaway, That Thing That Rich People Do. Take a look!
- Christian Common Cents is celebrating debt freedom with The I’m Debt Free Giveaway! Simply subscribe and be entered to win a copy of the book, Enjoy Your Money!: How to Make It, Save It, Invest It and Give It.
- Mike at Saving Money Today is giving away a FREE copy of the book, Enjoy Your Money! All you need to do is leave a comment on the post linked to above!
- Brad at Enemy of Debt is hosting a fund-raiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. He’s selling the “I’m Debt Free” game and giving 100% of his commission until August 7th to Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too. I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as I am!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!