My Favorite Posts this Week
- Funny about Money with The Burglar Jamboree: Nine Ways to Protect Yourself Scary stuff and great tips!
- Fiscal Geek with Time is Money – What Are We Spending It On? TV is my time suck, what’s yours?
- Financial Samurai with Feeling Like a Burden is a Terrible, Terrible Thing As an asthmatic that can’t be around more than one cat at a time (and even then suffer a bit), I sympathize.
- Saving Money Today with Frugal Fourth of July Party Ideas I love potlucks!
- Studenomics with Live Within My Means? How? Good tips and a necessary mindset.
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts with Tips For Handling A Power Outage I love the ice cube one!
- Rainy-Day Saver with Adjusting to a New Mortgage Payment Anyone else being hit up for more by their escrow company?
- Sweating the Big Stuff with USPS Proposed Stamp Price Increase I didn’t even know they were raising prices again…
Guest Posts on BFS
Due to my post-vacation loopiness, I had a lot of assistance this week. I would like to sincerely thank everybody who helped me out!!! These are the awesome people who helped me to cover this week while I was unpacking and catching up at work:
- Funny about Money with Frugal Potato Salad Recipe
- Engineer Your Finances with Career Lessons from Dating
- Mitch with good advice in Check Before You Trash
If you would like to submit a guest post to BFS, please shoot me an idea or the actual post. I’d also appreciate a one or two sentence introduction for the piece. I’ll get back to you quickly and will give you as much advance notice as possible on its posting date.
Blog Carnivals that Featured BFS
- Funny about Money hosted the Festival of Frugality and chose The Cost of the First Year of Home Ownership.
- My Journey to Millions hosted the Yakezie Carnival and chose one of my Weekly Favorites and Gratitude posts.
- Money Reasons is giving away a free copy of the book, “Enjoy Your Life”, simply by leaving a comment! Woot!
- Brad at Enemy of Debt is hosting a fund-raiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters. He’s selling the “I’m Debt Free” game and giving 100% of his commission until August 7th to Big Brothers Big Sisters!
- Mysti from Digging Out From Our Mess tackled her own Yakezie challenge and successfully posted all of our first posts! It is truly amazing to see the beginning of all our blogs. When you have a little time, you can check out Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Woot Yakezie!
Feel free to email me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too. I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as I am!