- It’s been a movie week! I loved Iron Man 3!!! LOVED IT! The Great Gatsby was pretty although I still hate the story itself. Vapid women are not worth the effort, people! If you are going to get all hot and bothered, at least make sure the object of your affection is worth it! Maybe someone that’ll be as much fun to be old together with as young together with. I guess I just wish everyone had better taste when finding a mate…so frustrating!
- Remember to sign up for my newsletter (in the right sidebar) —-> to be able to enter the separate giveaway that I host for subscribers only every month! Plus, I share things in the newsletter that I no longer share here (hint…what do you think happened to my monthly income reports).
- My Open Wallet with Spring Update That meal service sounds interesting but expensive comparably in our area. At $20 a day per person for 2 meals, hubby and I would be looking at a minimum of $800 a month and all of you already think we spend too much at $500-$600 a month, lol. But we live in Houston, not New York, so obviously there is some major differences. I am sorry about her mom though…never fun to watch someone crash when it could have been avoided.
- Live Real, Now with I Accidentally Bought a Bus Hope you can flip it quick!
- Funny about Money with Training Prosecutors: It WAS Entertaining I bet!
- 2 Million Blog with April 2013 Net Worth Update (+$13,409) Love peeking as usual at other people!
- Budgets Are Sexy with Is Being Too Honest Bad For Business? Probably but makes good stories.
- Shopping Detox with Do you need to be rich to be a minimalist? Hmmm, interesting take on it!
- 20’s Finances with How I Survived College Financially Scholarships and part-time jobs or paid internships would be my suggestions.
- Sophisticated Spender with Are You Building Wealth or Just Collecting A Paycheck? Yay, more peeking!
- 50 Plus Finance with Common Credit Score Myths Debunked Good to know!
- My House, My Rules with Clutter Busting Challenge – Days 7-10 (food edition) I so need to do this!
Posts on my Co-Owned Sites
Okay, so my co-owned sites do not get as much love as BFS, but we have amazing staff writers like Libby Balke and Natalie Spring. Plus our very own BFS commenter and guest poster, MikeS, has started writing too since Libby has to scale back for her new job (congrats!!!) and his posts will be going up this coming month!
- Libby at Money in the 20s with Homogamy, or, Why Your Marriage Will Be Boring LOL
Guest Posts on BFS
- Liran with Life Insurance Q&A with Liran Hirschkorn
- Staff writer, Amanda, with Become a Product Tester for Free Swag
Blog Carnivals that Included BFS
- Carnival of Financial Planning at PF Carny
- Carnival of Retirement at Brick By Brick Investing
- Yakezie Carnival at Growing Money Smart
- Finance Carn. for Young Adults at Fat Guy,Skinny Wallet
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Thirty Six Months
- Surviving and Thriving is hosting a Deal With Your Debt Book Giveaway until May 14th!
- Bike Lane Living with United by Blue Bike Bag Give-Away! – Two Bags! Enter by May 13th!
- Money Life and More is hosting a Keep Your Eye on the Marshmallow! Book Giveaway until May 16th!
Please let me know if you are running a giveaway so I can add you to the list each week! If you already emailed me and don’t see your giveaway, it isn’t on purpose. Please email me again as your first email must have died a horrid death in my inbox…
Top 10 Referring Sites to BFS from the Last Week:
- Free Money Finance
- Get Rich Slowly
- Funny About Money
- Surviving and Thriving
- Making Sense of Cents
- Frugal Portland
- Money Life and More
- Len Penzo
- Broke Professionals
Thank you! Feel free to contact meif you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too.
I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!