- I talked to my main Big Brother Big Sister contact a few days ago. She turned my paperwork into her supervisor on Wednesday with her recommendation, so I should have an approval letter within the next week. Then I sit around and wait for a match.
- I am still looking for anybody in or around Salt Lake City to say hi to since I will be in town from September 19-25. I have a growing list of other blogging buddies to visit now too – Colorado, Arizona, and Massachusetts will need to be visited in 2014 and/or 2015 depending on how fast we replenish our emergency fund.
- Remember to sign up for my newsletter (in the right sidebar) —-> to be able to enter the separate giveaway that I host for subscribers only every month! Plus, I share things in the newsletter that I no longer share here (hint…what do you think happened to my monthly income reports).
- Live Real, Now with What I’ve been up to…. Congrats on the new software up for sale! People, check it out if you have buttloads of Word docs to turn into posts or even if you just rather use Word regularly to post to WordPress (instead of hoping WordPress doesn’t eat your post as you are writing)!!!
- We Only Do This Once with How Much Money Should You Save? We like to have 3 pure months of cash set aside, plus little side accounts for future goals.
- My Pen Writes Red with Reorganization, Structure, and Paper Clips* Okay, so you made my day last week by being so sweet about being included. I am totally going for a smile again. And I love those times when you just say to yourself, “No more screwing around! Time to get stuff done!”
- Wealth Informatics with A penny for your opinion: How much do you spend on furniture? Craigslist is a freaking life saver here. So are garage sales and the scratch and dent outlets of the main stores.
- Budgets Are Sexy with 5 For Friday: Stop Thinking About Money? I want to. I really, really want to.
- Monica on Money with How To Be Frugal When You’re Not I had to click on this since I was like “That’s me!”
- Money Beagle with Why I Am Considering A Gym Membership I liked the one I had for 6 months, then I stopped going. The trick is to remember to cancel it if you stop using it. They got my money for 8 months.
- Kids Ain’t Cheap with Bringing Kids To Events: Proper Invite Etiquette I like the “just be open” mentality. I’m well known for my child-free events, but I also have had child-friendly ones. My friends and I talk enough to just cover it.
- Canadian Budget Binder with PF Weekly grab a brew #34: Partially stuffed double stuf Oreo cookies? LOL, awww, only 1.86 times the crème filling.
- Making Sense of Cents with What percentage is housing in your budget? Depends on the month with self-employment, lol. But in general, our housing costs for our current home (mortgage, property taxes, home insurance, maintenance, etc.) is about 20%.
- Donna Freedman is hosting a New Orleans Chocolate Giveaway until August 27!
- Making Sense of Cents is hosting a HUGE Anniversary Giveaway until August 28!
- The College Investor is hosting a Get Started Investing $500 Cash Giveaway until August 31!
- Skinny Seahorse is hosting a $50 Paypal Cash Giveaway until August 31!
- Donna Freedman is hosting a Funny Word $10 Giveaway until September 5!
- You can sign up for my newsletter in the right sidebar and enter the monthly contests for $25 and a free copy of my eBook.
Please let me know if you are running a giveaway so I can add you to the list each week! If you already emailed me and don’t see your giveaway, it isn’t on purpose. Please email me again as your first email must have died a horrid death in my inbox…
Top 10 Referring Sites to BFS from the Last Week:
- Making Sense of Cents
- Surviving and Thriving
- Free Money Finance
- Single Mom’s Income
- And Then We Saved
- I Pick Up Pennies
- Len Penzo
- Get Rich Slowly
- Frugal Portland
- We Only Do This Once
Thank you! Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too.
I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!