- Started decorating for Halloween!!! Yay!!! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!
- I can’t speak very well this week since my allergies lead to me waking up sounding like a frog. My doctor gave me a steroid shot that was supposed to work on Wednesday, but it didn’t, so now I have a follow-up appointment on Monday. Oh, goody.
- The FinCon13 Bootcamp is just around the corner and Phil and I are trying to finalize those details. That’s also interesting to do when you can’t talk very well.
- Remember to sign up for my newsletter (in the right sidebar) —-> to be able to enter the separate giveaway that I host for subscribers only every month! Plus, I share things in the newsletter that I no longer share here (hint…what do you think happened to my monthly income reports).
- Losing Stuff Gaining Freedom with Getting Fired Up We’re all pyros at heart, right?
- The Money Makers with What to Take Away From John Cleese’s Divorce Ummm…I take away that you may not want to keep getting married over and over…
- A Terrible Husband with Finding opportunities to engage… It is good to take time to give complete feedback and figure out where your significant other is coming from…
- Wealth Informatics with Obamacare: Health insurance exchanges coming your way under Affordable Care Act. What does it mean to me? So far, I’m enjoying the free birth control. And in a year or so when we try to have a baby, I will be glad that prenatal care will be included. I’m only worried about how much our premium will be raised.
- Budgets Are Sexy with A Tipping Incident Gone Wrong… I’d drink more.
- Monica on Money with Government Shutdown: Everyone Needs An Emergency Fund YEP!
- Family Money Values with Financial Resources from Financial Bloggers Thanks for including both of my books! By the way, they will be on sale in paperback form at FinCon too. And you can find them as eBooks as paperbacks at Amazon.
- My House My Rules with Let’s clean, together! (Doors and Door Knobs) I don’t know if I’ve ever cleaned a door knob that wasn’t in the kitchen (I clean the fridge handles and pantry knobs since they get stuff on them). Hmmm…
- My Pen Writes Red with Gratitude: Dear Dad I am enjoying her gratitude series a lot!
- Eyes on the Dollar with Maybe First Graders Should Run the Government Yep! And awwww with some of those answers!
Guest Posts on BFS
Guest Posts from Me
- Xzilon Washes – My Only Car Splurge at Enemy of Debt
Posts on my Co-Owned Sites
- MikeS at Money in the 20′s with Financial Flexibility
- Reach Financial Independence is hosting a $397 Course and $25 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway until October 8!
- Check Out the 2 Book Giveaway being hosted by Anton until October 17!
- You can sign up for my newsletter in the right sidebar and enter the monthly contests for $25 and a free copy of my eBook.
Please let me know if you are running a giveaway so I can add you to the list each week! If you already emailed me and don’t see your giveaway, it isn’t on purpose. Please email me again as your first email must have died a horrid death in my inbox…
Carnivals that Included BFS
- Fin. Carn. for Young Adults at The Skilled Investor
- Carn of MoneyPros at Evolving Personal Finance
- Carn Financial Independence at Carnival of Financial Independence
- Carn. of Fin. Camaraderie at Fat Guy,Skinny Wallet
- Carnival of Retirement at FITnancials
- Lifestyle Carnival at Mom and Dad Money
- Yakezie Carnival at My Personal Finance Journ
Top 10 Referring Sites to BFS from the Last Week:
- Cents to Save
- Monica on Money
- Get Rich Slowly
- Making Sense of Cents
- The Joy of Simple
- Single Mom’s Income
- So Over This
- Free Money Finance
- Free Money Minute
- Frugal Portland
Thank you! Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too.
I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!