- Yay for my birthday being at the end of this month!!! One of my best friends gave me the Antworks gel ant farm that I wanted early (it’s blue gel and it plugs in, so it lights up and you can see all of the ant activity through the gel…cool beans!). Now I’m just waiting anxiously for my Harvester ants to arrive. Then I can watch them dig out tunnels and see what ant life is all about.
- Remember to sign up for my posts via email or my weekly newsletter to be able to enter the separate giveaway that I host for subscribers only every month! Plus, I share things in the newsletter that I no longer share here (hint…what do you think happened to my monthly income reports).
- Money Talks Coaching with A Look Back at My Goals for 2013 Thanks for the reminder!
- Beating Broke with The Case for Buy and Hold Investing (#AAPL) We probably shouldn’t have sold nearly all of our stock 7 years ago to buy our first house, but c’est la vie.
- Step Away from the Mall with Can your emergency fund be too big? I agree – yes.
- A Terrible Husband with It’s Christmas Time… in the Suburbs The most thoughtful gift that my husband ever got me…hmmm…that’s hard. Off the top of my head, buying me a work-from-home desk and setting up a home office space for me BEFORE I actually thought I could make the leap was the most supportive thing ever.
- Get to Saving with 17 Free Things To Do When You’re Bored & Broke Great list – I do a lot of the ones mentioned. Right now, reading and DIY has been my favorite two. Just installed my first new toilet seat in the guest bathroom – very proud. And it is one of those super cool, soft close ones.
- Eyes on the Dollar with 5 Cheap Christmas Gifts People Actually Like There are some real winners there!
- I Heart Budgets with It’s Time to Cut Cable We’re probably doing this in January, so it’s an old post, but appreciated.
- Studenomics with Studenomics For Hire Go, Martin, go!
- My House, My Rules with Boycott Retail Stores Open On Thanksgiving I don’t like crowds and I do like feasts. The only place that saw my butt on Thanksgiving was our car, a kitchen, a table, and a couch…
- Unique Gifter with An Absolutely Awesome Gift Giving Stunt Cool!
Posts on my Co-Owned Sites
- MikeS at Money in the 20′s with Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Mike C at Go Be Rich with 5 Ways to Save Money on Baby Stuff
- Libby at Smart Money Focus with How To Haggle Part One: Time Warner Cable Customer Service
- Natalie at Richly Reasonable with Time is Money – Part 3: How to Avoid Cleaning
- Donna Freedman is hosting a One-of-a-Kind Bead Necklace Giveaway until December 17!
- You can sign up for my newsletter and enter the monthly giveaways for $25 and a free copy of my eBook.
Please let me know if you are running a giveaway so I can add you to the list each week! If you already emailed me and don’t see your giveaway, it isn’t on purpose. Please email me again as your first email must have died a horrid death in my inbox…
Carnivals that Included BFS
- Fin. Carn. for Young Adults at FITnancials
- Lifestyle Carnival at Mom and Dad Money
- Carn. of Financial Planning at Investing Five Daily
- Carn of MoneyPros at Bite the Bullet Investing
- Aspiring Blogger Fin. Carnival at Aspiring Blogger
- Carn Financial Independence at Carnival of Financial Independence
- Yakezie Carnival at Fat Guy,Skinny Wallet
Top 10 Referring Sites to BFS from the Last Week:
- I Heart Budgets
- Frugal Portland
- Surviving and Thriving
- Wealthy Turtle
- I Got Outta Debt
- Len Penzo
- Get Rich Slowly
- Monica on Money
- Afford Anything
- Dinks Finance
Thank you! Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too.
I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!