- This week was all about dog sitting and finishing up the month. Busy, busy! It’s been nice to catch up on sleep. And based on the end of February, I’m looking forward to March. Financially, February was a normal, short month, which is fine by me. Every normal month is another month self-employed.
- If you ever experience any problems using BFS (reading or commenting), please email me at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com to let me know.
- Remember to sign up for my posts via email or my weekly newsletter to be able to enter the separate giveaway that I host for subscribers only every month! Plus, I share things in the newsletter that I no longer share here (hint…what do you think happened to my monthly income reports).
- Solving the Money Puzzle with Money Tensions At Work This Week LOL, the reasoning behind the puppy photos is hilarious!
- Money Talks Coaching with My 8 Year Old Started Investing Woot!
- Faithful with a Few with 7 Ways to Become a Saver – Even if You’ve Never Been One Before It seems odd to say to ignore credit card debt, but while you build some padding, it does make sense to just pay the minimums and then hit it big time when you can stop using it as back up income.
- Beating Broke with Stretching Your Produce Budget Further I’m big on freezing stuff. I never want to spend the time on canning…
- Wealth Informatics with Five Reasons to Start Your Estate Planning Now I started now so that it would be easier to handle stuff if we die at the same time.
- Thingineering with 9 Food Habits of a Thingineering Family I think a big one for me is just having one meal for everyone. I think it seems a bit indulgent to make a separate kind of meal for the picky child. I mean, picky is going to happen, but then they can pick to have rice instead of green beans or visa versa with their chicken. Not hotdogs instead of the chicken we made already…
- Practical Cents with There’s Nothing Wrong with Renting True! We own one home outright and are paying off a mortgage on our current home, but renting isn’t wrong. In our area, it just doesn’t cost much more (or any more at all in some cases) to buy.
- Cash Cow Couple with Money. Is that all there is to life? Nope. It just allows for more options.
- Money Beagle with 5 Reasons You Should Not Lease A Car The “not owning” but “being responsible for everything” part gets me. If I was uber-wealthy and wanted a temporary car, I would just rent and make sure to use a credit card that gives me automatic insurance coverage for anything that happens.
- Eyes on the Dollar with Do We Have to Have a Birthday Party? Not a traditional one. My family always makes me feel special, but I only had “traditional” parties a handful of times. Overall, just celebrating the day through my favorite activity or meal has always been a winner. I do think it’s important for every kid AND adult to have their special day once a year.
Posts on My Co-Owned Sites
- MikeS at Married with Debt with What Would I Sacrifice for Retirement?
Blog Carnivals that Included BFS
- Carn. of Fin. Camaraderie at Messy Money
- Fin. Carn. for Young Adults at Save and Conquer
- Carn of MoneyPros at Money Pros
- Aspiring Blogger Fin. Carnival at Aspiring Blogger
- Donna Freedman is hosting a Iditarod Hat and a Bear Eco-Beanie Hat giveaway until March 4!
- You can sign up for my newsletter and enter the monthly giveaways for $25 and a free copy of my eBook.
Please let me know if you are running a giveaway so I can add you to the list each week! If you already emailed me and don’t see your giveaway, it isn’t on purpose. Please email me again as your first email must have died a horrid death in my inbox…
Top 10 Referring Sites to BFS from the Last Week:
- Budgets Are Sexy
- Monica on Money
- Get Rich Slowly
- Free Money Finance
- Newlyweds on a Budget
- I Pick Up Pennies
- Reach Financial Independence
- I Heart Budgets
- Dinks Finance
- Funny About Money
Thank you! Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thanks to all the bloggers that teach me something new every day. Thanks to all my commenters for making this blog the community I want it to be. Thanks to all my lurkers too.
I hope everybody is enjoying this as much as me!