I’m doing these roundups and updates to push myself to read other blogs and to stay connected. Hope you can find some new-to-you awesome people too!
Weekly Personal Note from Crystal
Today is my 11th Year Wedding Anniversary with Mr. BFS! We started dating in October 2001, got engaged in 2002, and got hitched a week after I graduated from college in May 2005. That means that we’ve been together since we were 18 years old. We made it through college, through becoming adults, through career changes, and have successfully never killed each other through it all. Now we’re trying to have a baby.
He doesn’t read my blog very often, so I can be really, really honest – I’ve always loved my husband, he’s been my best friend for 15 years, and I like him more now than I ever have before. Our ups have been awesome and our downs haven’t been nearly as bad as those stupid dramas on tv. I feel like I’ve known him forever, and that is in a good way, lol. Watching my grandparents go through their end-of-life part while going through the earlier part of my own married life (hopefully…guess it depends on when I croak) has shown me that age is a blessing and a curse. With every day that passes, my husband and I have learned how to show love and be loved better. I hope we can spend the next 50-60 years perfecting that. 😉
In blog-related personal news, you may notice some renovations around here. I have hired some Pinterest help and am making a huge push to deliver more helpful content for all of you. Yes, you will see more affiliate links than ever before, but only the ones I really love (Bluehost, who I just switched to, Ting, Amazon, etc…all personal favorites). And I promise I’ll still be sharing my personal brand of crazy with all of you. I just realized that using this site as a sort of diary is really only helpful for me and voyeurs (hehehe), BUT I can use it as a diary with lessons learned and help me, voyeurs, and people looking for help too. I’ll still have paid content and some guest posts, so look at the author field people! Sabado Domingo is how I make money, the other names that aren’t me (like Libby and Amanda and Jason) are staff writers, and guest posters are introduced in the first sentences. I’m going to keep this site personal. Just want to start delivering real value too.
My Weekly Favorite Posts
- For Profit Blogging with The Ultimate Guide for Using Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your Blog HOLY MOLY, BATMAN! Check this out!
- DINKs Finance with Financial Aid Options For Returning Students I have no plans on going back but cool list of options for those who do!
- Getting My Money’s Worth with Volunteering: Getting Into Great Events For Cheap Okay, I’ll be honest, he won me with Steampunk. 😉 I thought about volunteering for Comicpalooza, but my sister bought me tickets for this year for Christmas so I can be a lazy, regular attendee once more. Hehehe.
Blogger Spotlight of the Week
- A Gai Shan Life I’ve known of Revanche for years (since before I started blogging in 2010), BUT I just really started to really get to know her. She is a strong ass woman! Wife, mother, daughter, money-maker…let’s just say she does it all and with class. Check out A Gai Shan Life and tell her Crystal sent you.
- Sign up for my newsletter and enter the monthly giveaways for $25 and a free copy of of my eBooks. 🙂
- If you ever experience any problems using BFS (reading or commenting), please email me at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com to let me know.
- You may have noticed that I have been fully self-employed since July 2011. My income comes from blogging, rental income, and pet sitting. If you’d like to start your own site, I highly suggest checking out Bluehost right here (cheap…special lower price here on BFS…and 24/7 support). I have 6 sites with Bluehost myself. Or if blogging isn’t your schtick, check out any of my other money making posts!
Top 3 Referring Sites to BFS This Past Week:
Thank you! Feel free to email me anytime at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thank you. I appreciate each and every one of you!!! Have a great week!!!
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!