Quite a few of you email me and ask how I successfully keep up with it all. I’m sorry, I don’t have magical time management skills. I just get done what I can from about 10am through 2am, then I shake my head at what’s left before I have to go to sleep. Sometimes I wake up a little earlier or go to bed a little later if I just can’t stop.
Weeks Like This…
Then there are weeks like this one. There are just not enough hours in the day to keep up with everything, so I simply handle the priorities and know that I will be playing catch up next week. Here is what this week has on it’s “To Do” list in no particular order:
- Business emails – about 100-150 emails a day just at my BFS email that need to be read and I usually end up sending about 100 a day too – Check so far
- Make sure all of the ad campaigns that I am handling are kept up to date – notify advertiser of URL’s and bump emails to bloggers. – Check so far
- Posts for Monday-Friday on BFS - Still need Thursday and Friday
- Make sure posts are scheduled at co-owned sites, especially Married with Debt since I’m its blog manager. – Check
- Newsletter for Friday – Usually done Thursday night
- Roundup for Saturday – Usually done Friday night and Saturday morning
- Commenting for Hire – Will work on this tonight and tomorrow
- Commenting for Myself – Might get done…
- At least one guest post for others – Check
- Ghost writing for hire – Check on most of it…just had a new one come in…
- Ask advertisers about October renewals – Check
- Update bloggers with advertisers’ answers or let them know to break links if I don’t get replies – Half-Check…still need to finish the month up.
- Install Yoast on blog.
- Run a backlink checker so I can clean up BFS a bit.
- Facilitate an online class Monday and Tuesday night from 5pm to 9pm – Check
- Clean up after the masquerade ball. – Check
- Have a Dr. Who night with our friend, B – Check
- Take out my Little Bro this evening from 4pm to 7pm
- Mastermind group this evening from 8:30pm-9:30pm
- Get pilot light checked on water heater – Check
- Get water heater replaced (small leak meant they are replacing it completely while it was under the 1 year warranty) - Check
- Confirm changes to our health insurance for 2014
- Look into our life insurance policies – They were life insurance with no medical exam that we plan on keeping, but they were 10 year terms. I want to know what we do if we want to make changes.
- Buy Halloween candy – Check
- Hand out Halloween candy with Dee on Thursday.
- Take down Halloween decorations.
- Finish reading “Ender’s Game” again by reading before bed since it had be more than a decade since I read it before, and I wanted to remember it before seeing the movie. – Check
- Google Orson Scott Card to find out his views on homosexuals…was surprised to have been told that he’s a homophobe. Might change my mind about seeing the movie. I generally don’t like to support anybody with public prejudices.
- Update our budget.
- Move money around as necessary for savings goals and upcoming bills.
- Play Plants vs Zombies 2 on the Android for at least 15 minutes – Check (the fun things are the easiest to check off, lol)
- Pay or plan to pay the property tax bills that are coming in for both houses. Then write a post about them when I’m done…it’s crazy…
- Dinner with friends Friday night. Hopefully some wine or hard apple cider will be involved.
- Work catch-up on Saturday.
- Board gaming on Saturday with friends.
- Make new “To Do” list for next week.
I have a week that looks like this 1-2 times a month. I use the remaining 2-3 weeks to play catch up. Honestly, there are a billion tricks to help save you time. I go for the straight-forward method – just get it all done. Finish one thing, move on to the next. Even when I have down time to watch tv, I generally do something else too like the dishes or working online.
Good luck to us all, lol. Do you have a better method for time management?