Reposting from last year since Halloween is a month away!
You all probably know I sort of stink in the kitchen. But I love easy recipes. I also love Halloween. Put those two together, and the cookies below are just too perfect! The key is finding the sliced almonds on sale…the rest is just putting a little time into shaping up a great Halloween treat!
- Peanut Butter (1 cup) – Less than $1
- Egg (1 egg) – $0.20
- Sugar (1/2 cup) – $0.50
- Sliced Almonds – $2.00
- Small spoon
- Total Cost: Less than $4
1. Preheat Oven to 350° F and TAKE OFF RINGS and WATCHES – trust me.
2. Mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg.
3. Roll a spoonful of dough in your hands until it is a long, thin shape like a worm and place on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
4. Use the spoon edge to make two knuckle indentations.
5. Place a sliced almond on the tip like a fingernail. You can dye the sliced almonds first if you have time. Red or green works well. Just soak them for 10 minutes in some hot water with the food coloring of your choice. Then pat them dry before placing them on the cookies.
6. Bake at 350° F for about 8 minutes. Carefully transfer the aluminum foil to a flat surface so the cookies can cool down fully before you remove them.
7. Enjoy! Makes 16-24 cookies depending on the size.
What do you think? Could these be a great decorative Halloween cookie for you?