I’m finally not puking all of the time!!! Yay!!! Woot for being one of the lucky ones that get a reprieve for a little bit!!!
14 Week Ultrasound
We went in for another quick ultrasound late last week and Peanut is developing well! We could hear the heartbeat at 160 beats per minute (right on track) AND my little parasite was just squirming and kicking away just like last time.
I’m slightly worried for the future of my internal organs since I can’t feel this crap with a 3-4 inch fetus but I’m guessing that will change greatly as it grows exponentially…but yay!!! Healthy thus far and doing all the normal baby things!
Waiting for the Results of Genetic Testing
I’m turning 35 this month, so they took some of my blood to do genetic testing (I called them my “old momma tests” which got laughs since they have a bunch of 40+ year old new moms too but they are highly suggested). We should know Peanut’s gender when the tests are all done and reported, but thanks to the holidays, that could be as late as the second week of January. Doesn’t change much for me either way, but I know our parents and a few others are all waiting excitedly on the sidelines just to start their shopping engines, hahaha.
Making My Baby Shopping List
Speaking of shopping, I’ve started on an Amazon registry…I hate shopping. I hate how many options there are for everything. I hate that they seem to tell you that you outright NEED thousands of things but I know for a fact that just isn’t true. So I’ve been trying to concentrate on JUST the basics to start with. Here is what I have thought of so far that I’ll need with a baby:
- Pregnancy books (done thanks to several family, friends, and our doula)
- Sleep pillow for me (done)
- Nipple cream
- Cloths to use as wipes plus a spray bottle for water
- Wipes to pack for on-the-go
- Burp Cloths/ Big cloths you can use for all nasty cleanups and coverage when cold
- Great Breast Pump
- Bottles to Pump Into
- Formula if I can’t breast feed or need to supplement
- Butt paste
- Snot removers (the bulb ones)
- Car seat and stroller it pops in and out of, probably two (one for each car)
- Mirror for car seat to see baby’s face (a neighbor friend gave me one)
- Clothing and socks and hats (though I’m guessing I can get most of that in hand-me-downs and garage sales)
- Crib and mattress (already have one via parents)
- Changing table with drawers (already have one via parents)
- Bedding (already have a set from my sister)
- Pack and play baby cage (have one from my friend)
- Baby swing/rocker (have one from Dee)
- Bath thing to lay them in
- Baby shampoo
- Clear bin from the hospital to keep infant in when it sleeps so I can see it breathing when I glance over
- Cloth books and hard books that can put up with some slobber
- Boppy pillow to help support when nursing and for tummy time
- Baby monitor
- Diaper Genie or Trash Can
- More throw rugs and foam flooring
- Magnetic baby proofing for cabinets
- Basic toys to grab and chew on (have some from friends and family, will most likely receive a crap ton, LOL)
What other necessities/make-life-way-easier things do I need to add to my registry and shopping list? I’m making it now so that baby showers and garage sales / Nextdoor hunts can take care of the majority before I have to actually buy stuff at retail prices. 🙂
I just have to keep repeating to myself, “You’re not overwhelmed, you’re not overwhelmed, you’re not overwhelmed…”
FYI: I worked at a dead end cubicle job from 2005-2011 for about $30,000 per year. I went self-employed in July 2011 and make between $70,000-$90,000 through blogging, professional pet sitting, hubby's reffing, and our rental home. If you’d like to start your own site (link to my free step-by-step guide), I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (my referral link with a nice discount for you, PLUS a free custom header banner from me!). Please contact me any time at budgetingfunstuff*at*gmail*dot*com with questions or just to brainstorm! I’d love to help!